Job | Coffee Roaster Assistant
ROASTERY ASSISTANT | CASUAL
Vacation Coffee is seeking a casual Coffee Roaster Assistant to join our team at our roastery in Brunswick. We look for people who are self-motivated, adaptable, passionate and hard working.
Reporting to the Roastery Manager, you will be responsible for working line equipment, assisting with warehousing tasks, packing and fulfilling orders, dispatching orders, equipment maintenance, cleaning and completing other general production tasks. You will be working between 8-16 hours per week.
You will have opportunity to work as barista at our cafes if you are looking for additional working hours.
Coffee is the centre point of our offering - as a wholesale producer of specialty coffee; we strive to offer the best product possible.
- Assisting with stock movements and receiving deliveries
- Packing coffee and fulfilling orders
- Equipment maintenance and cleaning
- Maintaining the roastery cleanliness to comply with Food Safety Regulations
- Other general warehouse and production tasks as needed
- Assisting the Roastery Manager to set up cupping table
The successful candidate must have:
- A passion for coffee
- Available to work Tuesday and Wednesday
- Excellent English communication skills
- Previous experience working in a warehouse, assembly line or food manufacturing plant
- High levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong initiative to follow systems
- Technical skills with machinery
- Experience in a similar fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn how machinery works
What we can offer:
- A fun, fast and exciting work environment
- Opportunity to work with great coffees and the best equipment
If you are passionate about joining Vacation team apply now! Please email your resume with any relevant experience and a cover letter describing yourself and why you'd be a great fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.