Job | Cafe All-Rounder/Barista
CAFÉ ALL-ROUNDER/BARISTA – FULL-TIME
Vacation Coffee is seeking a skilled café all-rounder/barista with passion and experience to join our team at our new store in Richmond. Opening early March.
The perfect candidate will be someone local to the area with a bubbly personality to represent our fun and friendly customer service approach. We are looking for people who are self-motivated, adaptable, passionate and hard working. Ideally we're looking for someone to operate the cafe who treat it like their own business.
If you're an experienced barista/cafe all-rounder, we urge you to apply. This is a casual position with the benefits of consistent full-time hours. Opportunity for growth to a permanent full-time managerial role will be given to the right candidate. This position best suits someone looking for longer-term employment.
Coffee and food are the centre point of our offering - as a wholesale producer of specialty coffee; we strive to offer the best product possible. We are committed to providing exceptional products and services to our customers.
We are open 7 days a week.
Primary Role: Friendly Barista
As the Vacation Coffee Barista, your main duty is to be the friendly face behind the coffee machine, providing outstanding service to our customers. Your job is to consistently craft excellent coffee while maintaining a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Your love for top-notch coffee and excellent customer service will be the key for success in this role.
Seondary Role: All-Rounder
As an all-rounder, you will be contributing to different areas of cafe operations. Being adaptable and ready to help with various tasks as required is crucial. It's important that we all work together as a team to maintain a smooth operation and workflow. Tasks may involve taking orders, keeping the cafe clean and presentable, and helping with food preparation.
- Preparing all beverages
- Fulfilling all-rounder duties such as taking orders, toasting sandwiches, making smoothies, and other utility duties
- Striving to deliver the highest quality and presentation of product and service
- Working with the team to ensure efficient and effective approach towards producing all beverage and food
- Flexibility to contribute to various tasks as a cafe all-rounder
- Working closely with the management team to grow the business
- Ensuring the coffee offer is delicious, relevant and approachable
- Complying with health & safety, food safety and local council requirements
- Ensuring the site and equipment are maintained to the highest level
The successful candidate must have:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in specialty coffee
- Have an in-depth knowledge of specialty coffee and be able to share this knowledge with others
- Be an experienced and confident coffee maker as well as cafe all-rounder
- Excellent customer service
- A passion for coffee and food
- Be a fan of the Vacation Coffee brand and its core values
- Work well in a team and build a positive team culture
- Present well at all times and represent the Vacation Coffee brand
- Work hard, hustle, and have a lot of energy
- Have a positive can-do attitude
- Available to work as required: 5 days (including a minimum 1 weekend day)
What we can offer:
- A fun, fast and exciting work environment
- Opportunity to work with great coffees and the best equipment
- Competitive salary; starting from $60,000 per annum
If you are passionate about joining Vacation team apply now! To apply, please email a resume and a cover letter describing yourself and why you'd be a great fit for the position to email@example.com.